Thursday, June 5, 2008

send sms via command line




so easy :-) and so useful





what i used:
OS: xp-pro-sp3
Nokia e65
Nokia USB cable
Nokia pc suite
Microsoft sms sender get it here or http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/outreach/dnloads/smsSender.mspx

installation:
  1. Install Nokia pc suit
  2. Connect the Cell Phone
  3. Install Microsoft sms sender
  4. Done
i had to use the Microsoft sms sender GUI one time and than i could use the command line.

the command line syntax is also very easy:
smssender.exe /p:123456789 /m:"hello there"

explanation
/p: = cell number
/m: = your sms message... i use quotes " " or else i only get the first word...

thanks to Microsoft for writing this little tool :-)

next step is to use telnet from my Nagios server and send sms alerts ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also created a same batch file that sends SMS, but I want to know how can I enable it to send a bulk/multi SMS, because after sending the 1st SMS I have to click the popup OK button before sending the next SMS. Can some one help me with this one? to disable the popup OK button so that I can send bulk SMS, email add: amm0309@yahoo.com

bellacollins said...

As an entrepreneur in the modern market you will have to figure out various aspects that will lead you to customer acquisition. If you truly wish to grow then you will have to pick the trending options to market the products and services. I am really happy with slack to sms app and it is absolutely great.